Electrical Engineering is a field that deals with the study of electricity, electronics, electromagnetism, energy & its allied applications. Electricity and its applications play a pivotal role in powering many devices and appliances. The impact of electrical Engineering touches almost every area of our lives. Electrical Engineering at its core is concerned with the basic forms of energy that run our world.
India is growing-our economy, our population, our industry and our demand for energy. Electrical Engineers are specialists in the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of energy. It’s a powerful career choice that demands good problem-solving skills and an eye for detail. As the world prepares for the challenges posed by climate change and if you want to make a difference in combating this pressing global problem by innovating environment-friendly products, systems and services to improve quality of life, this diploma in Electrical Engineering will put you on the right track.
This course aims at providing the highly skilled engineers to the nation. It contributes mainly in the area of power sector which is the backbone of the country. The students are being exposed to highly sophisticated and practical oriented visits to various types of industries and power stations. Department is fully equipped for fabrication of various projects, designing of electrical installations.
- To Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing, testing, operating and maintaining electrical, instrumentation, control systems and associated green technologies, including relevant industry standards and code of practices
- To encourage research culture among faculty and students thereby facilitating them to be creative and innovative through constant interaction with R & D organizations and Industry.
- To inculcate teamwork, imbibe leadership qualities, professional ethics and social responsibilities in students and faculty.
- To do maintenance, repair and production of electrical equipment and its systems
- Procure, inspect and test Electrical and Electronics Engineering materials.
- To Design, select, operate, maintain, test and repair/replace electrical machinery used in various industrial and domestic appliances.
- Ability to do industrial installation, laying cables, earthing, installing motors with their accessories, wiring and testing of control circuits.
- Preparing estimates of different kinds of jobs in domestic wiring, industrial wiring in transmission and distribution systems to install, erect and commission the power equipment
- Designing wiring schemes for domestic and power installation and drawing layouts for wiring & building automation.
- Basic Electrical Engineering Lab
- Electrical Machine-I Lab
- Electrical Machine-II Lab
- Instrumentation Lab
- Control System lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Electrical Measurement & Instrumentation Lab
- Networks Analysis Lab
- Simulation Lab
- Communication Lab
- Power System Lab