Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow
Regular. Full-time, 3 year, degree course.
Eligibility & Admissions:
- For admission to first year of MCA in any institution affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow, a candidate must have passed Bachelors degree course of 3 Years minimum duration from any recognized Indian University; or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U. securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate. Candidate must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduation level.
- A Candidate who has appeared in final year of graduation course and result
is awaited is also eligible to apply.
- Admissions begin from May every year.
- Classes commence from August.
The MCA program prepares students to take up positions as system analysts, systems designers, Programmers and managers in any field related to information technology. The program, therefore, aims at imparting comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and practice. The MCA students are encouraged to spend a full semester working in the industry in the institute giving them insight into the workings of the IT world.
MCA @ SDCMT
MCA at SDCMT – is a 3 year, full-time program, affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow, with an intake of 60 seats. Our main focus is on imparting employability skills to our students through the University Curriculum coupled with Value Added Specializations. The program focuses on preparing students for the future through a curriculum enrichment program, innovative teaching methods, personality development initiatives, and experiential learning, through critical thinking and problem solving, industry visits, and co-curricular activities. Students who opt for a Master of Computer Applications (MCA) will get skills and information not only about Computer and Information Technology but also in communication, organization and management. Information about various computer applications and latest developments in IT and communication systems is also provided.
MCA Course Structure
The MCA Course is spread over 3 years, four semesters. Each semester has an appropriate mix of subjects as enlisted in the University Curriculum. We offer additional Value Added Courses and Value Added Specializations for all our students.
|MCA First Year|
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Professional Communication||Computer Based Numerical & Statistical Techniques|
|Computer Concepts & Principles of Programming||Data Structures|
|Accounting & Financial Management||Introduction to Automata Theory & Languages|
|Discrete Mathematics||Innovation & Entrepreneurship|
|Computer Organization & Architecture||Human Values & Professional Ethics|
|Professional Communication Lab||Computer Based Numerical & Statistical Techniques Lab|
|Programming Lab||Data Structure Lab|
|MCA Second Year|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Operating Systems||Database Management Systems|
|Web Technology||Computer Networks|
|Design & Analysis of Algorithms||Artificial Intelligence|
|Computer Based Optimization Techniques||Compiler Design|
|Cyber Security||Elective – I (one out of 5 listed below):
1. Design & Development of Applications
2. Client-Server Computing
3. Data Warehousing & Data Mining
4. Advanced Computer Architecture
5. Mobile Computing
|Database Management Systems Lab|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Computer Graphics & Animation||Colloquium|
|Software Engineering||Industrial Project|
|Elective : II
1. RCA-E21 : Cryptography and Network Security
2. RCA-E22 : Natural language Processing
3. RCA-E23 : Human Computer Interaction
4. RCA-E24 : Software Testing
5. RCA-E25 : Modern Application Development
|Elective : III
1. RCA-E31 : Cloud Computing
2. RCA-E32 : Soft Computing
3. RCA-E33 : Information Storage Management
4. RCA-E34 : Digital Image Processing
5. RCA-E35 : Distributed Systems
|Elective : IV
1. RCA-E41 : Distributed Database Systems
2. RCA-E42 : Simulation and Modeling
3. RCA-E43 : Real Time Systems
4. RCA-E44 : Pattern Recognition
5. RCA-E45 : Big Data
Value Added Courses
Value Added Courses are spread across two years to make every student a better individual, a better professional.
|MCA I Year||Self Analysis||Dressing & Etiquette||Leadership & Teamwork||Creativity & Innovation|
|MCA II Year||Honesty & Work Ethic||Preparation for Interview||Presentation Skills||Workplace Etiquette|
Value Added Specializations
Value Added Specializations are offered for students to specialize in an in demand industry sector to improve employability. A student may choose to specialize in one sector by choosing one specialization from the four specializations offered. All specializations would have major / minor projects to provide live industry connect and exposure.
|VAS 1: Data Warehousing & Mining||Data Warehousing||Data mining techniques||Classification & Prediction||Web Mining &Visual mining|
|VAS 2: Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning||Types of Machine Learning||Bayesian Learning||Neural Networks||Fuzzy Logic|
|VAS 3: Digital Marketing & E-Commerce||SEO||Mobile Marketing||Affiliate Marketing||E-Commerce Marketing|
|VAS 4: Programming in Python||Basic features of Python||Advanced features of Python||Implementation||Using Machine Learning in Python|
- Project based learning to define and analyze a problem to identify computing requirements suitable to its solution.
- Industry involvement in student projects, placement.
- Industry readiness brought about through Value Added Specializations and involvement in other such development initiatives.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge in key areas of computer science and industrial computing.
- Use of current skills, techniques and tools necessary for computing practices.
- Analyze the impact of computing on individuals, organizations, society, including legal, security, and global policy issues.
Careers for MCA Graduates
BCA Graduates get entry level jobs in several industry sectors as mentioned below:
- Software Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Software Application Architect
- Software Consultant
- System and Network Administrator
- Data Analyst
- Government Sector IT Jobs
- Create own Start-Up / Software Company