Library at a glance
|Total Area : 680.00 Sq. m.
|1. Reading Section : 150
2. Multimedia Library : 14
3. Staff Seating : 07
|1. Week days on : 9.00 am to 08.00 pm
2. During Examination : 9.00 am to 8.00 pm
3. Holidays : Closed
|1. No. of Books per day (Check in, Check out) : 250 user (Avg.)
2. No. of Student Visiting Every Day : 100 user (Avg.)
3. No. of Faculty/Staff Visiting Every Day : 20 (Avg.)
|1. Library Automation : Yes
2. OPAC : Yes
3. Internet Connectivity : Yes
4. Automation Software : ACTIF
|E- E Resources
|· NPTEL Video/Web Course (511 Title Video & 418 Title Web)
· Membership of National Digital Library
· Nalanda E-Consortium of AKTU – access to popular Digital libraries like IEEE Xplore, Springer
· National Digital Library www.ndl.iitkgp.ac.in
|Additional E Resource s||www.pdfdrive.net
You will get access to millions of books you need, for free. Unlimited downloads. You may browse by title or author, etc. Currently 274376478 books are available for free and every minute, around 50 new books are added to the database. All downloads are free😊.
SOME USEFUL WEBSITES ONLINE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
http://ocw.tufts.edu -Tuft University
http://ocw.upm.es -Univesidad Politechnica, Madrid
http://ocw.usu.edu/ -Utah State University
http://open.umich.edu/ -University of Michigan
http://ocw.nd.edu/ -Nore Dame University
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
■ About.com (www.about.com)
■ AllTheWeb (www.alltheweb.com)
■ AltaVista (www.altavista.com)
■ Ask Jeeves! (www.askjeeves.com)
■ Excite (www.excite.com)
■ HotBot (www.hotbot.com)
■ LookSmart (www.looksmart.com)
■ Lycos (www.lycos.com)
■ Open Directory (www.dmoz.org)
■ Google (www.google.com)
■ Mamma (www.mamma.com)
■ Webcrawler (www.webcrawler.com)
■ Aol (www.aol.com)
■ Dogpile (www.dogpile.com)
■ 10pht (www.10pht.com)
SEARCHING FOR PEOPLE
■ AnyWho (www.anywho.com)
■ InfoSpace (www.infospace.com)
■ Switchboard (www.switchboard.com)
■ WhitePages.com (www.whitepages.com)
■ WhoWhere (www.whowhere.lycos.com)
SEARCHING FOR THE LATEST NEWS
■ ABC News (www.abcnews.com)
■ CBS News (www.cbsnews.com)
■ CNN (www.cnn.com)
■ Fox News (www.foxnews.com)
■ MSNBC (www.msnbc.com)
■ New York Times (www.nytimes.com)
■ USA Today (www.usatoday.com)
SEARCHING FOR SPORTS HEADLINES AND SCORES
■ CBS SportsLine (www.sportsline.com)
■ CNN/Sports Illustrated (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
■ ESPN.com (espn.go.com)
■ FOXSports (foxsports.lycos.com)
■ NBC Sports (www.nbcsports.com)
■ The Sporting News (www.sportingnews.com)
SEARCHING FOR MEDICAL INFORMATION
■ healthAtoZ.com (www.healthatoz.com)
■ kidsDoctor (www.kidsdoctor.com)
■ MedExplorer (www.medexplorer.com)
■ MedicineNet (www.medicinenet.com)
■ National Library of Medicine
■ Planet Wellness (www.planetwellness.com)
■ WebMD Health (my.webmd.com)
http://www.ajol.info/ – African Journal Online
www.doaj.org – directory of open access journal
www.sabinet.co.za – South African Journals.
www.oajse.com – Open Access Journal Search Engine
http://www.lub.lu.se/en.html – Lund University
http://www.dovepress.com/ – Free Scientific & Medical Materials
http://www.copernicus.org/ – Access & Publication
ACADEMIC SEARCH/WEB RESEARCH TOOLS/REFERENCE MANAGERS
http://academic.research.microsoft.com – Multidisciplinary
http://dbis.uni-trier.de/DBL-Browser/ – Digital Bibliography Library Browser
http://academic.live.com – Live Search Academic
http://www.science.gov/ – USA government for Science
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/index – Computing & Information Sciences
http://www.mendeley.com/ – academic social network/collaboration
http://www.worldcat.org/ – Multidisciplinary
http://libserver.cedefop.europa.eu – Voc & Tech Education
http://inspirehep.net/ – Stanford physics information retrieval system
MULTIMEDIA, AUDIO – VISUAL & OTHER COLLECTIONS:
|1. No. of PCs With Internet Connectivity : 14
2. Student Capacity : 14
1. LIBRARY AUTOMATION SOFTWARE : ACTIF
2. Library Computer : 25
3. CD’S : 3300
4. Bound Volumes : 925
5. Magazines : 246.
6. News Papers : 19
|DEPARTMENT||NUMBER OF TITLES||NUMBER OF VOLUMES||NO. OF NATIONAL JOURNALS (HARD COPY)|
1. All library users must sign in/out register available with the attendant at the gate.
2. User should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other readers in the library.Smoking/eating/use of mobile phone/drinking/sleeping is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
3. While entering the library user should leave his/her personal belongings such as bags, personal books etc.at the counter reserved for this purpose. Loose papers and notebooks may however be taken into the library. Users leaving the library should permit the library staff to examine their personal belongings. If asked.
4. SDEC library follows an open access system. Remember a book misplaced is a book lost, until tracked.
5. The Librarian may suspend library service of a student member for one month. if he/she misbehaves with the library staff.
6. User of the library should not deface, mark, cut or damage the reading materials in any way. Persons doing so are liable to be fined heavily, apart from being asked to pay the cost of the damage. In case a person repeats the offences a second time his/her library card would be impounded and the membership terminated summarily.
7. If any student is found indulging in book hiding, stealing or mutilating, disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
8. The member would satisfy himself / herself before leaving the issue counter as to whether the book is in good condition or not otherwise he may be held responsible.
9. Library remains open from 09:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.
10. Circulation counter shall remain closed during 1:40 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.for lunch break.
1. Borrowing facilities are given only to the member of the library. Books may be borrowed only against the library card issued to an individual. Borrowing will be done only through the counter. The library card is non transferable.
2. Books are issued and returned from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
3. The Library member is responsible for any book issued against that library card, as per the library record.
4. Newspapers, periodicals & reference books will not be issued from the Library.
5. Book will not be renewed.
6. The user should check the books thoroughly for missing pages, chapters etc. While getting them issued. No complaint will be entertained later on.
7. No books in damaged condition will be accepted from the users on return. Damaged books will have to be replaced by the borrower.
8. In case of loss of books by borrower, the borrower is required either to replace the books by a recent edition, if available or pay its cost.
9. Copyright of the CDs will be available for the Users in Multimedia Section.
10. If a book is not returned with in the stipulated time .The member will be charged a penalty of Rs.10.00 for textbook and book bank book and Rs. 50.00 for reference book per day per volume. The fine should be paid at the circulation counter.
11. If a member loses a book issued against his/her library card, the penalty will be as follows:
12. Current cost of the book.
13. If the relevant book is not easily available in the market then the user would pay the double of the current cost of the book.
14. If a member loses his / her library card/ID card, and he/she makes a written report to the Director. Member will be responsible for misuse lost card and a duplicate card will be issued at a cost of Rs.100.00.
15. If a borrower does not return the documents in spite of two successive reminders his/her membership is liable to be cancelled without further notice.
16. The Librarian can recall books and publications any time if need arises.
USE OF COMPUTER / LAPTOPS ETC
1. Computer in the library premises should be used for academic purpose only. Online chatting / dating, browsing of social networking sites, playing game of the computers are strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
2. Personal keyboard, mouse, etc are not allowed inside the library .Students must take care of their Pen drives, CD/DVD/ROMs, Mobiles and wallets etc.
3. Readers should not remove/ unplug computer cables/ connections network cables and other peripherals/ accessories in the library. Changing the setting and display of computer kept in the library is not permitted.