Mechanical Engineering Department
To become a center of excellence in educating students to become successful Mechanical Engineers.
- To empower the students with the fundamentals for a successful career in the field of Mechanical engineering.
- To continue their education through post-graduation, Research & Development.
- To provide service to the society
The Department of Mechanical Engineering established in the year 2006 has a capacity of 120 students in the B. Tech and 18 students in M. Tech with highly qualified faculty from all the domains of Mechanical, Production and Industrial Engineering.
The Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the largest departments in terms of faculty, students and activities at SDEC Ghaziabad. Mechanical engineering department focuses in design, study, development and construction of nearly all of the physical devices and systems. Continuous research and development programs have led to design better machines and processes helping the mankind. The impressive array of students makes the department advance in the field of creativity and renowned globally.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To develop technical competency of students in applying broad, fundamental-based knowledge and up-to-date skills to perform professional work in mechanical engineering related disciplines.
- To develop the ability amongst students in applying comprehensive design methodology pertaining to mechanical engineering, incorporating the use of the economic, environmental and social impact of design.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams of various activities and multidisciplinary projects.
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
- To prepare students for advanced education, research and development, and other creative efforts in science and technology.
- To engage students in professional societies and to always apply human values in professional ethics.
The ME program has for many years been assessing program outcomes based on new terminology. The current ME program outcomes are specified below.
i. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
ii. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
iii. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
iv. An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
v. An ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
vi. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
vii. An ability to communicate effectively.
viii. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
ix. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
x. An ability to work professionally in both thermal and mechanical systems areas.
The department is equipped with the following labs for B.Tech (ME) Program :-
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Modern Manufacturing Lab
- Computer aided Engineering lab
- Heat Power Lab
- Metrology Lab
- Refrigeration & A/C Lab
- CAD/FEA Centre
- Material Testing Lab